Wednesday, December 28, 2016

How Are You Bidding Farewell to 2016?



Here we are at the end of another year. But I don't think I've known of a year so collectively abhorred as 2016.

Why just today, I was reading an article in which a man was citing certain negative comments he received regarding a controversial tweet he posted about the passing of singer, George Micheal. But there was one comment that I think truly captured the essence of what 2016 has felt like to so many. It was the one where one of his disgruntled readers told him that he was "the 2016 of people."

Wow! That was a true LOL moment for me.

I totally get it though. This year was the roughest and most stressful year I've ever had in my life. I won't go into all the messy details, but suffice it to say, 2016 tested me AND my family to the core.

Then there are all the sad and untimely losses of beloved celebrity icons like Prince, David Bowie, Muhammad Ali, and just a few days ago Carrie Fisher (Star Wars' Princess Leia).

Let's not forget about the made-for-reality-TV presidential campaign and the shocking (well, to some it was) outcome.

Yep! There's a lot we may want to forget about 2016. But even if this year is one you can't wait to kick to the curb, what is the one thing you learned? Instead of focusing on what was lost this year, what have you gained?

I can personally say that the hardship I endured this year fortified me mentally and spiritually in ways I didn't know I needed. I now have a much greater appreciation for the simple things in life, like food, shelter, and the use of two good legs. I'd say that's a good thing!

Even if you have to strain to think of ONE GOOD THING you can take with you from 2016, I encourage you to find it and hold on to it. 

Whatever it is, it might be the catalyst to the greater things that 2017 hold for you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR D-VINERS!